Ways You Can Help Save Public Broadcasting
If you support state funding for public broadcasting, we hope you’ll contact Governor Scott and tell him. You can join this effort in many ways:
- Send an email to Governor Scott using the form below.
- Send a letter to Governor Scott via email or snail mail. A sample letter is shown on the bottom of this page.
- Address: Governor Scott, The Capitol, Plaza Level 05, 400 South Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Governor Scott – Phone: (888) 429-3266, ext. 1
- Share a link to this website with your friends and family.
Dear Governor Scott:
As your constituent, I urge you to make every effort to ensure funding for public broadcasting in Florida is included in this year's state budget. These funds are vital to the sustainability of the educational programs, services and community outreach activities available through FPBS and its member stations.
For more than 40 years, FPBS has worked with the Florida Department of Education to provide educational resources to students, teachers and parents.
Programs like Ready to Learn and KidVision educate Florida's children through standards-based, digital content that focuses on early childhood literacy and STEM skills. The 18,000 digital objects contained in the new Florida PBS Learning Media library, deliver high-quality, classroom-ready content tied to the Common Core State Standards for Pre-K-12. PBS Teacherline gives teachers access to standards-based, graduate-level course to continue professional development. In addition, public broadcasting provides more than 41,000 hours of educational programming.
These services provide an incredible return on investment to the state. For every one dollar invested by the state, more than ten dollars in services are provided to Floridians. And all these services reach more than 99 percent of Florida's population.
As a state partner in education, please support the funding for public broadcasting.